Warehouse Assistant – Meridian
waterstrucks WATERS International Trucks
JOB SUMMARY: Assists in shipping and receiving functions while maintaining a safe and orderly warehouse. Applicant MUST have a clean driving record.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Obtain work orders from supervisors and chart out daily activities.
- Assist warehouse staff in shipping and receiving trucks.
- Check in materials and match purchase orders with received items.
- Determine items to be shipped or stored by reading and interpreting shipping orders.
- Assist in unloading trucks and determining material or item disseminating tasks.
- Move items from the receiving pallet to storage areas using forklifts or trolleys.
- Ensure that items are appropriately placed on shelves and racks according to their types and sizes.
- Make sure that appropriate information is supplied in the receiving log including lot and item identification numbers.
- Refer to work orders and assist order pullers in pulling items from storage.
- Match pulled items with work orders to ensure accuracy.
- Ensure that pulled item is not damaged or broken.
- Report any damaged items to the supervisor immediately.
- Physically move orders from storage areas to packing areas.
- Weigh and count items and place both weight and quantity information on boxes.
- Handle packing activities such as putting items in boxes or crates and labeling them properly.
- Move packaged items to the delivery pallet and load them onto delivery trucks.
- Make sure that packaged items are properly and securely placed inside the delivery truck.
- Create reports pertaining to moved materials and record amount of materials received and shipped.
- Ensure cleanliness and maintenance of the warehouse on a constant basis.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com