Warranty Clerk/ Service Adviser- Columbus
WATERS Truck and Tractor - Columbus
JOB SUMMARY: An integral and vital part of the service department is the preparation, submission and recording of warranty claims, as well as the creation of a valuable customer service experience as service adviser. This position is crucial to achieve the highest customer satisfaction by performing his / her duties in accordance with current vendor practices and our company’s policies and procedures.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Must be able to understand, communicate, and evaluate all vendors and International. Warranty guidelines, approval processes and policies during the write up and repair process.
- Keep up to date on all warranty policies and product changes to maintain effectiveness in this role.
- This position is responsible for the preparation, coding, and submission of all International and vendor warranty claims in a timely manner.
- Understands and ensures compliance with all International and vendor policies and warranty procedures and ensures proper documentation on all claims.
- Assists the service department in answering phone calls when necessary.
- Reconciles all warranty receivables with payments within the appropriate accounting schedule weekly.
- Reviews warranty chargebacks with service manager; resubmits rejected or underpaid claims if applicable with correct documentation.
- Notifies customer immediately for payment if chargeback reflects an unwarrantable failure.
- Collectively with the Shop Foreman, ensures that all warrantable repairs are documented, technicians comments are descriptive and precise, and that the allotted time is noted prior to submission for closing.
- Greet customers in a timely, friendly manner and obtain all specific vehicle/ customer information required for proper repairs, contacting customer and invoicing.
- Write up customers’ vehicle issues and concerns or maintenance requirements accurately and clearly.
- Obtain customer signature on the repair order and provide customer a copy of the repair order
- Establish customers’ method of payment, purchase order requirements and estimate requirements if needed at the time of write up.
- Explain completed work and charges to the customer.
- Have the ability to utilize the International Trucks Service Portal at the time of write up as well as tablet write up tools as needed.
- Any other duties required by management.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Must be a team player with a strong sense of commitment to the customer.
- Must be self motivated and have good written and verbal communication skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft programs and applications
- Good organizations skills
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org